Nowadays, booking a flight is much more convenient than finding reliable transport to and from an airport. If you are in a foreign country and don’t know the local language, the trouble escalates. The Bucharest airport is only a 20-minutes’ drive from the city, but Bucharest airport transfer can be a pain in the neck. That is if you are not a local and can’t speak Romanian.
The current situation in Bucharest airport transfers
As in most airports, transport is mainly handled by local taxi companies. Most of the taxi drivers don’t even speak English, and their rates are not fixed. Sometimes they charge separately for the luggage and often take the longer routes to the city so that they can charge you more.
The good news is that there is an alternative to all that hassle. Welcome Pickups is a start-up that managed to tackle this the right way. Their offer is a simple one, join us and you get stuff like:
- Flat fee with no hidden costs: In many cases, it is even lower than the average taxi fare from the airport to the center of the city. It doesn’t matter whether you have to go through a rush hour or take a long detour because of some construction on your way to the city. The fare remains the same no matter what.
- Professional Driver: You get a professional taxi driver that speaks English and will be waiting for you at your exit gateway. You will recognize him by the sign that has your name on it. In addition to that, he will take your luggage to his vehicle. If asked, he can provide information about the city, the culture, the people, and everything that might interest you about Bucharest. Probably the best part is that he will be there even if your flight is late. The thing is that drivers monitor the flights and get notified when a flight is delayed.
- 24×7 customer support: You get a 24×7 customer support through phone and email. If you find yourself in trouble, got some questions, or need an extra vehicle for some friends, there is someone to help you.
- Choose the type of vehicle suits you most. You can choose a sedan or a minivan. Otherwise, you can select multiple sedans and minivans if you travel in a group or got plenty of luggage.
- The booking part is done via a user-friendly web platform. Everything is transparent and on point. The UI is so well done that everything is there at your display and almost any question you might have is already answered in their FAQ section.
Welcome Pickups is more than just a reliable service; one that gets the job done fast and efficiently. Almost every issue with airport transport is handled flawlessly with the client in the center of things. The significant number of online reviews is just a confirmation of the excellent job they are doing.